06 January 2015

Happy New Year

Mr John has given up with wrapping paper!
We had a fabulous Christmas and New Year and are now simply trying to get back into a routine like everyone else.We took a trip to Pattaya just before Christmas and spent all our money on food and drink for the festive period. Well, maybe not all our money but we definitely enjoyed it! For some reason Snoopy was this years theme. I'm a fan but still bewildered as to why?



Our hotel in Pattaya was the Baan Sila (aka Natural Beach Resort). The location was really good, the room clean and priced appropriately but other than that there was not much to write home about. Our shower was rubbish with the water a mere dribble out of the shower head and no visible means to have it anything other than stone cold. I wouldn't rush to go back but, because of the location, I wouldn't dismiss it.

By far the best bit of Pattaya, besides the Indian dinner, was meeting Gordon & Lisa. Mr John and Lisa went to the same high school. We caught up over a coffee and it could not have been easier chatting to these lovely people. Hopefully next time we'll be able to spend more time together.


We were really lucky to receive some great gifts and they have all been put to use. In fear of upsetting people which is not my intention I do have to tell you about the "grown-up" colouring-in in book I received from Abby I nearly said "adult" but I guess that's a whole other colouring in experience!. Mr John is extremely pleased with it too as it keeps me quiet for hours. Honestly, everyone should have one of these in their house. Except maybe "Aunty" Wendy who allegedly got last place for a colouring-in competition when she was little.

2 comments:

  1. hehe. I keep wanting to refer to them as 'adult' colouring books too! Glad you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr John is very much enjoying the peace and quiet that comes with me and my head in a book. Perhaps we should start referring to them as "adult" just to see what sort of reactions we get!!

      Delete

Your comments are always welcome